Anonymous asked: I follow your blog and Twitter religiously. Welcome to Tumblr, I hope you enjoy the stay. I truly look forward to seeing what you post here!
Thank you very much. I appreciate your feedback. I’m only a few days old here re: Tumblr. Let’s see what it has in store!
Nutella; the snack of champions.
Lebanon’s Resistance Museum, an interactive museum that showcases over 24 years of resistance against Israel; Taken in the heart of my native South Lebanon last winter.
At one point, I was chained to the ceiling of a building and hung by my hands for days. A doctor sometimes checked if I was O.K.; then I would be strung up again. The pain was unbearable.
Nothing I said satisfied them. I realized my interrogators were not interested in the truth.
Despite all this, I looked for ways to feel human. I have always loved animals. I started hiding a piece of bread from my meals and feeding the iguanas that came to the fence. When officials discovered this, I was punished with 30 days in isolation and darkness.
I remained confused on basic questions: why was I here? — Notes From a Guantánamo Survivor; http://t.co/yLdknxjU
You were born with wings; why prefer to crawl through life? — Rumi
The Great Wall of China
Anonymous asked: hey ! i like your blog. but are you on twitter so that i can get more updates from you. i am not on tumblr thats why i asking your twitter id. mine is aundhkadon thank you :)
Yes I am; @iRevolt.
I’m a bit new to Tumblr and I use Twitter more often
Inspired by Shit White Girls Say To Black Girls
Real statements by White girls said to me, an Arab.
1. How come you don’t look Arab? Where’s your face cover?
2. Is where your from, like, a big desert?
3. Does your mother have to stay home all day?
4. Are you only allowed out of the house for school?
5. Are you going to have to marry your cousin one day?
6. Oh my God, I love hummus!
7. So why do you all hate the Jews so much?
8. Wait, so you’re not from Eye-raq?
9. Does your father have, like, 4 wives?
10. Do you speak like they do on Team America?
11. So seriously, do you all like Bin Laden? Seriously.
12. Aren’t you afraid to go back home? Won’t they make you wear that burqa thing?
13. Lebanon huh? Is that next to Afghanistan?
14. Wait, you can go out without a man accompanying you?
15. Don’t you think Eye-Raq is better without Saddam?
16. That head-cover thing - do they have hair under there?
17. Do those Muslim women need to keep that head-cover thing on when they shower?
18. Your mother can drive? By herself?
19. So have your parents signed you away to some guy since you were, like, two or something? I’m just asking.
20. Do Arabs know about Jesus?
21. You know if you ever want to run away you can tell me ok? My parents will let you stay at my house.
22. You don’t smell like Pakistani food. Weird.
23. Say durka-durka-Muhammad-jihad in Arabic
24. Do you all use toilet paper? Is it cool if I don’t shake your hands?
25. Do you have a white name yet? Like how Mohammad is “Moe” and stuff. I can recommend some names.
26. Wait, you don’t have an accent. How long have you been in America?
27. Does your brother have authority over you? Oh, no brothers? So you’re dad pretty much owns you right?
28. Do you eat American food at home or is that not allowed in your culture?
29. Man I’d hate to be Arab; i’d have to marry my cousin.
30. Do they have to wear those things on their heads at home?
40. Christian Arabs? Wait. I’m confused. I thought you’re all Islamic.
41. Can you use rubbing alcohol? Or is that forbidden in your culture?
42. Have you ever been on a camel?
43. Oh Lebanon? I love falafel.
44. I’ve never met a real-life Arab person before. You’re all normal and stuff.
45. Dude, I love Pakistani food.
46. You can be the token Arab in the group!
47. Do you miss home? I mean Eye-Raq. Oh, you’re not from there? Weird.
48. Does your dad know there are guys in our classes or would he flip out?
49. Fasting? No food or water? Holy shit, won’t you die?
50. I know I’m, like, an “infidel” but…